This summer I took up use of the local library and got to taking out books and finally reading them. So far I’ve gotten 6 books down and a few more to go.
I did some research on reasons why an adult should read and I wanted to share the top 5.
- Reduces Stress: it takes you away from the stress that happens daily in your life.
- Knowledge: even as an adult you have much still to learn; this is a great free resource to do so with.
- Memory: it helps increase memory and reduce the chances of early Alzheimer’s disease.
- Better writing skills: if you are wanting to write a book later in life, it is super important to read to help observe other writers.
- Reading before bed can help you sleep: if you have a hard time falling asleep, pick up a book, but it has to be a real book not a kindle. If you read a book on screen, that can hurt your sleep and keep you awake longer, so get a actual tangible book.
And there you have it. Make use of your local library.