After her questioning about the good of people out there these days and lack there of, I wanted to write a post about finding the good in life when there is such much hatred and not so good people.
I am a list maker if you haven’t noticed, and I believe by writing it out or making a list, it helps me organize my thoughts. In order to find the good, sometimes it points out the bad so by asking yourself these questions, you can narrow it done and see what you need to work towards in making changes.
Take a look at your life and your surroundings:
- Am I surrounding myself with good people? Do I have a support system of people who would be there for me in my life whichever way it goes?
- Is where I work where I want to be? Am I happy coming here everyday?
- Am I being the best parent or wife that I can be?
- Do I have healthy hobbies that I partake in weekly so I am not working myself to the ground?
- Am I saving money and storing it away somewhere?
- Am I in healthy relationships?
- Do I have at least one person that I can talk to?
- Do I have goals?
- Do I help the community?
- What am I doing to help the environment?
- Am I taking time to relax and enjoy the beauty around me?
Asking these questions are a good start to working towards the positive in your life and weeding out the negative. I know first hand that the answers to these questions are hard and number 1 is the most painful. But overall, after reading the news and watching tv, seeing all of the bad that goes on in the world, you can start with focusing on you and how to make your life the best it can be.
If you want to share your answers, I would be happy to help in responding to you.